Hey guys! So with the holidays over and school back in session, I’ve been trying to get as much reading and writing in as I possibly can, as the next three months or so will probably prove me otherwise (shitload of assignments + inevitable procrastinating = stressful me). With that said, it’s very difficult for me to really care (with the school stress, I mean).
It seems that I’ve rediscovered my love for reading and blogging during the month of December
I’VE FINALLY CONQUERED THE READING SLUMP and with all the new resolutions, new beginnings, and all that goal-setting jazz, I’ve decided to stick to the original goal I made way back when: keep on reading. keep on writing. keep on blogging. You know, keep on keeping on.
Anyways. What also gave me that push for the year of 2013 was a fellow blogger who has been a
bookaholics anonymous member follower on here since the beginning: Krystal, from Unabashedly Poetic (check out her lovely site, guys).
Krystal was awesome enough to award myself and a few others the 2012 Blog of the Year, so I thought I’d return the favour – not just because of this amazing award, but also because it’s little things like this that make me happy and hopeful and so incredibly humble. Without further ado, these are a few of the rules regarding the award:
1. Select other blog(s) who deserve the “Blog of the Year 2012″ award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award
3. Include a link back to this page, at Miss Bookaholic and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join the Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars.
[I know it’s kind of late for acquiring the stars, but it’s cool – these are my 2012 blog shoutouts instead]
1. Krystal at unabashedlypoetic.wordpress.com, obviously for the reasons I’ve stated above, but also because she’s a bookaholic (+1), and blogs about the stuff that are genuinely interesting and relevant to my life like television (+2), movies (+3), and the craziness that is life (+ a billion-hundred).
2. Diana at brilliantlynovel.wordpress.com, for having quite a similar taste in literature, which I totally adore, and for the weekly inspirational book quotes that surprisingly inspire me to read those books.
3. Stephen Amell’s blog, preludetoabigbreak.com… okay so I know he’s famous (he’s the incredibly hot vigilante in The CW’s ‘Arrow’ who’s shirtless half the time), but I came across this goldmine of a blog late last year, and he makes it seem that he’s not really famous at all. I don’t know. He’s just a normal guy trying to catch a big break like the rest of us, and I love it.
4. Vanessa at onethousandsingledays.com, who has the most inspirational, heartfelt posts about life – in all its beauty and suffering. Seriously, check it out.
So those are my top favourite blogs I personally enjoyed last year, and I hope you all check them out!! Thanks for reading and happy reading to you all!
Here’s to the little things.
- xo, Jamie
So a few days ago as I was catching up ze awesome blog subscriptions, I found out that I was nominated by the ever-so lovely, Krystal, from unabashedlypoetic.
As these nominations are apparently instant wins, I would like to say: OMGTHANKYOU. Honestly, it’s the little things like this that are actually the reason for my new-found love of blogging – meeting and sharing thoughts and ideas with different bloggers, and having others take the time to read what you write.
ANYWAYS, enough of me rambling, here’s the part where I answer the questions that come with these awards…
AWARD #1: Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments
So with this award, I must answer 10 ‘getting-to-you-questions’ …
1. Describe yourself in seven words.
Dreamer. Creative. Procrastinator. Genuine. Emotional. Sweet. Wallflower.
2. What keeps you up at night?
Often, it’s the amount of school work I tend to leave ’til the last minute, but usually it’s my insomnia…
3. Whom would you like to be?
In the famous words of John Lennon, I would like to be happy. (I’m just going to assume that ‘whom’ can also mean ‘what’)
4. What are you wearing now?
Sweatpants and a thick-ass hoodie…………… yes, it’s cold up here.
5. What scares you?
The unknown, the ocean floor (um, have you seen Finding Nemo?!), spiders, and Toby from Paranormal Activity 3.
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
Best: As I’ve said before, being able to share and write about what you love and what you’re passionate about with other people (who probably share the same passion) is an amazing thing about the blogging world.
Worst: As a newbie (and a person who’s technologically impaired), I actually have no idea how to properly design my blog yet I just learned what an RSS was yesterday, so…
7. What was the last website you looked at?
http://bakerbettie.com/2011/12/17/410/ < I die.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Probably my constant need to be a perfectionist. It’s quite bothersome, and annoying, actually… but I can’t help it
9. Slankets, yes or no?
According to this image, I’m guessing Slankets are bootleg Snuggies? LOL. Yeah, no.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you.
She actually made the sweetest comment on my About page that really meant a whole lot. Also, she was kind enough to nominate me for these awards, and I thank her for that. Everyone, go bombard her with all the nice comments and thank yous!! Hahaha. Kidding. Check out her blog! :)
AWARD #2: The Sunshine Award
Taken from my nominator: Thank the person who gave you the award.
Write a post about it.
Answer the questions that come with it.
Pass it along to ten people and let them know they’ve received the award.
1. Favourite Colour: Red.
2. Favourite Animal: Spider monkeys.
3. Favourite Number: if infinity is a number, I choose infinity. But #3 is second best.
4. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water.
5. Facebook or Twitter: Twitter.
6. My Passion: Writing, reading, drawing.
7. Getting or Giving Presents: Giving. I love being the reason for someone’s happiness.
Also because I’m super awkward when someone gives me a present and waits for me to open it right in front of them.
8. Favourite Pattern: ….hearts?
9. Favourite Day of the Week: Friday.
10. Favourite Flower: The ones where you can blow on them and make a wish… dandelions, but not the yellow ones
AWARD #3: The Candle Lighter Award
Taken from my nominator: For more information about this award, please visit its originating website: Believe Anyway
AWARD #4: The Liebster Award
Taken from my nominator: This award actually means ‘dearest’, ‘favourite’, or ‘beloved’ blog; Check out As the Pendulum Swings for more information!
Thank you again, to Krystal from unabashedlypoetic for these four lovely nominations!
So, continuing this awesome tag/awards post, I would like to nominate (in no particular order):